2.05.2012

sunday in the kitchen

I've always encouraged my kids to help out in the kitchen. I've been determined to teach them to cook for themselves for some time now and they seem to have successfully mastered a few simple dishes like porridge, pasta, and grilled sandwiches. All these skills will not only serve them well once they fly the coop, but presently gives G and I a little time to sleep in on weekends. Not a bad deal at all, if you ask me. So when Nate asked this morning if he could be in charge of making Sunday night's supper, I could barely contain the 'heck yeah!' that quickly sprang from my lips. 
While he developed a menu...
and began preparing the meal...
I poured myself a glass of wine, took my time making this incredible pie...
and pulled out the art supplies for an afternoon of family craft time before sitting down to a lovely meal that I didn't have to make!
It was plain and simple and just perfect!

No comments: