2.11.2012

sewing for me...just me

Come on fellow sewers, put away every project you are making for someone else and take a moment to make something just for you! You deserve it! I know your sewing tables are heaped with projects for kids, family, friends. They'll still be there tomorrow. Go on and dig into that secret stash of special fabrics you've been keeping for yourself and make yourself a little something special. Like these adorable bloomers...so fun, so cute, so super easy to make!
The pattern is the Madeleine Mini Bloomers from Collette. I've been wanting to make these for quite awhile now so today was the day I put all of my other projects aside and just did it! I adjusted the pattern a bit - I didn't make the buttonholes for ribbon as I wanted to use elastic in the legs for a little more give. I also used a cotton material as I find cotton to be so much easier to work with. I was so happy with the way they turned out - so happy that I made a second pair out of a funky vintage fabric I had laying around.

No comments: