6.12.2011

Sunday in the kitchen

I ran a 5km race today for the very first time. Really, I did. Here's the photographic proof...
Looking a little worse for wear, but I did it. I accomplished exactly what I set out to do - to cross the finish line in an upright position. What an incredible feeling that was! I went into this race a little sore, a little under-trained, a lot scared, and came out of it feeling like I can take on anything! Except making our post-run brunch,which I guided G through while sitting with my tired feet perched up on a chair!
Post-run Brunch Hash
5 potatoes, peeled and cut
6 slices of bacon
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 C of greens - I used a mixture of Swiss chard, pak choi and kale
Tamari to taste
Parboil potatoes until just tender. Meanwhile, fry bacon in a skillet until cooked. Drain off fat and add onions and garlic. Fry until translucent. Drain potatoes and add to skillet. Drizzle tamari to taste and cover until potatoes are completely cooked through. Add greens and gently toss. Brunch is served!

No comments: