1.09.2011

Sundays in the kitchen

It doesn't get anymore Sunday dinner-like than roast chicken. It's pretty darn easy too. I needed easy today. With our last official post-Christmas party yesterday, making something I could throw in the slow cooker and return to my cozy spot on the couch, was in order today. Throw a few extras on top, like lemon and garlic, and you're done! Return to couch, put your feet up and relax. It's what Sundays were made for! I eventually peeled myself away from Netflix to make up some of my very favourite mashed potatoes with dill, and a side of Sweet 'n' Sour Red Cabbage from La Dolce Vegan. Voila!


Roast Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
1 organic whole chicken
1 lemon (I use ones that have been in the bottom of my fruit drawer that need to be used up fast!)
A couple cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to season


Place chicken in slow cooker. Slice up garlic and lemon. Place garlic under the skin of the chicken. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin of the chicken before topping it off with lemon slices. Let the chicken roast the afternoon away on low-medium heat. 


Dill Mashed Potatoes
Peel and cut up about 6 potatoes (this serves about 4 people) and boil until tender. Drain and mash up with 2-3 tbsp. dairy-free margarine, 1/2-3/4 C soy milk, and 1 tsp. of dill.

No comments: