8.11.2010

What will you do today?

Today I will look no further than my own backyard for inspiration for dinner. Lettuce from the garden for salad. Tomatoes and basil from the patio planters for a quick pasta dish. Sitting down together under the cool of the maple tree to enjoy the fruits of our labour. What will you do today?


Garden Pasta
1 onion
4 tomatoes diced
a handful of fresh basil
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1/2 bag dried pasta


Caramelize onion over medium high heat with 2 tbsp. olive oil and a spoonful of sugar. Stir regularly until golden brown. Cook noodles. Drain noodles and coat with onions and leftover oil from pan. Toss with tomatoes, basil and parmesan cheese. Serve up and enjoy! Dinner in 15 mins.!

2 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I am back- I like your what will you do today...
I follow now so I'll be back-

I am originally from Toronto then we lived in Detroit for THREE years- anyway I know your corner of the earth well and like your vibe.

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming back!! I started "what will you do..." as a way to stop and look at the simple joys of each day. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life that we often forget to stop and smell the roses, or run through the sprinkler, or enjoy a quiet dinner together! Feel free to join in and share what you will do today! I really love this corner of the earth! What corner do you now call home?