6.08.2010

What will you do today?

Today I will not fret over the epic fail my granola bars turned out to be. Because, even though they were made on the fly with some quick improvisations made along the way, they still tasted pretty darn good. Even though they turned out to be greasy goopy goo and needed to be eaten with a spoon. That's right, a spoon. Turns out you can't top up the recommended amount of soy nut butter with maragarine. Just so you know. But when I jumped out of bed at 7 a.m. this morning and realized I had nothing to put in my kids' lunches, I didn't have time to worry about the fact that I did not have enough nut butter on hand. Quick - grab the margarine - what's the diff? Live and learn, kids, live and learn. Grab a spoon! Let's dig in!
Granola Bars
1/2 C dairy-free margarine
1/2 C soy nut butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C honey 
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 C oats
1/2 C dried fruit or chocolate chips (or both!)
Mix together margarine, soy nut butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla. Add oats and dried fruit. Press into greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350F for about 20 mins. or until golden along the edges and set in the middle. 
What will you do today?

No comments: