2.06.2011

Sunday in the kitchen

"Gah! What's all over my face? What's this pink stuff all over my face!!!???" I heard G wail from the living room couch. I was awake now - far too early for a Sunday morning. "I was just trying to wake you up," I heard Finn quietly reply trying to keep himself from laughing at the success of his mission. I would soon find out that he had spread pink floam all over G's face. That's what you get for falling asleep on the couch in this house! And this is what you get when you wake me up too early on a Sunday morning...
Lemon Buttermilk Breakfast Cake with Raspberries
1 1/4 C spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 C soy milk mixed with juice of 1/4 lemon to make vegan buttermilk
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp honey (or your favourite liquid sweetener)
Preheat oven to 350F
Mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add in buttermilk, lemon zest, margarine, and honey. Grease 8x8 cake pan and line with a layer of frozen raspberries. Pour batter over top of fruit and bake for about 30-40 mins. until fork comes out clean.

No comments: